Are you the data scientist of our dreams? Can you bring the data-driven problem-solving skills Katana needs? If you can, that’s a great start!
We need a great communicator, comfortable working with our leadership team, who brings great technical knowledge in both software engineering and programming languages. Our engineering team is growing, and you might be the next passionate, proactive individual to join us.
What is Katana?
Katana is on a mission to build software manufacturers will love as much as the products they make.
Since 2017, we've given manufacturers worldwide a live look at their business, uniting all the processes and tools they use with intuitive and easy-to-use ERP software. Our customers range from hobby makers to multi-million-dollar manufacturing businesses. To date, we raised over $16 million in funding from VC firms and angel investors who, like us, believe the manufacturing software space needs more love.
Our customer base is growing rapidly, and the same goes for our product. We're launching new features and updates every week, and there's no plan to stop anytime soon. This is where you come in.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for experienced data engineers to join Katana’s fast-growing Engineering team. If you're eager to make an impact and shape the future of manufacturing, and up for the challenges that come with building complex software, you found the right place!
As a member of our Insights Engineering team, you get to focus on building an Insights layer so that every Katana user can access and utilise their data through a reporting functionality to continuously improve their workflows. Data needs to be served on-demand and with the least amount of latency. Therefore, proficiency in data modeling principles and previous experience in building data pipelines and solutions with constantly growing data volumes are a couple of the key attributes needed to be successful.
You will be working with the following key technologies: React, Node.js, TypeScript, Cypress, CircleCI, Heroku, AWS, Postgres, and Kafka. Learn more about our tech stack and our Engineering team’s way of working from our CTO Priit Kaasik here.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and maintaining a streaming data pipeline architecture for real-time analytics
- Building & maintaining data pipelines in data-heavy environments
- PostgreSQL administration, operations, and performance tuning
- Exploring ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Improving data quality and efficiency
- Reading and writing code with JS/TS
- Participating as a project team member with other data professionals to develop reliable, cost-effective, and high-quality solutions for data systems, models, or components
- Collaborating and communicating with the project team regarding project progress and issue resolutions
What we’re looking for in you:
- Work experience with real-time streaming and the related technical stack (Apache Kafka)
- Work experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS Analytics, Database and Serverless products)
- Expertise with at least one relational database (e.g. PostgreSQL, NoSQL, MySQL etc)
- Knowledge of at least one programming language (NodeJS, Typescript)
- Familiarity with ML and data visualisation tools
What we offer:
- Growth experience at the fastest-growing manufacturing startup in the world
- Opportunity to work with a motivated and talented international team at the hottest new place in Tallinn — Noblessner
- Opportunity to have a real impact in the area where Industry 4.0 and direct-to-consumer transformation is in full swing
- A competitive salary and employee stock option program (we want everybody to feel engaged and share the fruits of our collective effort)
- Flexible and remote working options (we’re a results-driven team)
- A team vibe to keep you smiling even on the rainiest days
- Health & wellness package of your choice.