What is Katana?
Katana is on a mission to build software manufacturers will love as much as the products they make.
Since 2017, we've given manufacturers worldwide a live look at their business, uniting all the processes and tools they use with intuitive and easy-to-use ERP software. Our customers range from hobby makers to multi-million-dollar manufacturing businesses. To date, we have raised over $16 million in funding from VC firms and angel investors who, like us, believe the manufacturing software space needs more love.
Our customer base is growing rapidly; the same goes for our product. We're launching new features and updates every week, and there's no plan to stop anytime soon. This is where you come in.
Who are we looking for?
A sales positioning expert to help a growing global team of Sales reps (SDRs, AEs, inbound and outbound) to convert more prospects into customers by improving upon our call scripts, email templates, communication responses to various inquiries, product demo format and guide, and basically everything that we’re saying to prospects. Your role will consist of listening to discovery/qualification calls, follow up calls, and review email communications in order to create a standardized communication approach among the different roles in the sales team. The Sales Enablement Specialist will be directly reporting to the Head of Sales, and the position is meant not to manage team members, but to listen to various sales team members’ calls and review emails to find patterns in terms of what is working and what is not working, and build a better process/approach.
The ideal person in this role is a natural people person with at least 10 years in a sales position with a SaaS company, that is obsessed with sales (I.e. enjoys listening to sales calls, researching into sales techniques, understands sales metrics, likes teaching sales approaches, skilled at writing emails to prospects to help with conversion.)
What will my typical week look like?
- Listening to sales calls made by Sales Specialists and offering feedback to the Sales Specialist Team Lead (and updating scripts and templates)
- Helping the sales team with standardized positioning statements in challenging situations and handling rejections
- Analyzing CRM data for opportunities in improving conversion at various steps (and what additional training or materials are required to improve conversion)
- Working closely with team leads within the Sales team (Inbound SDR team lead, Outbound SDR team lead, Sales Specialist team lead) in order to collaborate on scripts, templates, etc.
- Cross-functional team work with marketing and product teams to build the approach for sales reps on new initiatives (I.e. new feature launch – making sure we have the necessary responses for FAQ, sales materials to support the launch, building email templates to coincide, etc)
Is it for me?
Yes! If you:
- Are a team player, a total people person, a self-starter and an entrepreneur at heart;
- Are genuinely interested in sales, manufacturing, inventory management, eCommerce and/or accounting and have an interest in learning more;
- Have a background in business development/sales for SaaS platform
- Superior communication skills with the ability to distill complicated subjects into easily digestible information (written and spoken);
- Like to be proactive and enjoy learning something new every day; and
- Love seeing that your work makes an impact on the company daily.
Have at least 5 years of experience working in a sales position for a SaaS company.
What do I get in return?
- Growth experience at the fastest-growing manufacturing startup in the world;
- Sales training and learning experience that will help you propel your career in SaaS sales;
- Opportunity to make real impact in the area where Industry 4.0 and Direct-to-Consumer transformation is in full swing;
- Opportunity to work with a motivated and talented international team (aka, the coolest teammates!);
- A competitive salary and employee stock option program (we want everybody to feel engaged and share the fruits of our collective effort);
- Health and Wellness Package of your choice
- 28 paid vacation days per year +1 for your birthday! And 3 paid health days per year;
- Health & Wellness package of your choice
- An amazing customer-base with the coolest manufacturers from all industries;
- Equipment you need to succeed (we will hook you up!);
- The flexibility that comes with working remotely on a fully distributed team;
- A yearly trip to Estonia to meet your teammates (if the COVID-era travel climate is supportive)